Namaste!

Well, after years of being away from home and traveling all over the world, I've finally decided to take the step into the world of blogging. As most of you know, I will be spending the next four and a half months teaching English in Nepal. And, as I remain a bit unsure about the communication outlets I will have at my disposal, or frequency at which I will be able to access them, I figured this was the quickest and easiest way to get in touch with those who wish to follow my time there. So here you go. As I said, I really don't know how frequently or thoroughly I will be able to update this but hopefully I can provide at least some small anecdotes regularly enough to provide you all will some sort of insight to my time in Nepal. Enjoy :)

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ask and yea shall recieve...

So, after many requests by friends and family, an unfortunately expensive trip to the camera store (in getting my pictures placed on CDs from my camera, I forgot all about the multiple videos that I had taken and those were therefore transferred as well, leading to way too many CDs made), and now at my third internet cafe (having to migrate due to the power crashing in each one midway through my visits), I have finally been able to upload some pictures. So...if you scroll to the bottom, you will be able to catch just a glimpse of my life here in Nepal thus far. And enjoy these pictures and messages while you can. As of tomorrow I will be transferring to my first placement and I am really not sure as to the frequency with which I will be able to communicate with the outside world. For the next two months I will be in a village outside the town of Pokhara (basically the exact flip-side of Nepal from Kathmandu). I will then move on to Chitwan (an area just along the center of the Indian border) for the second half of my stay here. So an early rise for me in the morning with a 7-9 hour bus ride (depending on traffic) to follow. Hopefully I can write again soon...Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. Just how expensive was the photo shop? What did you do with the rest of the pics? It was great chatting with yo on Skype last night. Enjoy the ride on top of the bus.
    Love ya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete