Namaste!

Well, after years of being away from home and traveling all over the world, I've finally decided to take the step into the world of blogging. As most of you know, I will be spending the next four and a half months teaching English in Nepal. And, as I remain a bit unsure about the communication outlets I will have at my disposal, or frequency at which I will be able to access them, I figured this was the quickest and easiest way to get in touch with those who wish to follow my time there. So here you go. As I said, I really don't know how frequently or thoroughly I will be able to update this but hopefully I can provide at least some small anecdotes regularly enough to provide you all will some sort of insight to my time in Nepal. Enjoy :)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Toto, um, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

I have finally arrived! After a pretty uneventful flight (thats the way we like it) to Bangkok, a 13 hour layover (in which there was very little sleep to be had...thank you to the Thai construction workers to decided to go all night long) and then a short 3 and a half hour flight to Kathmandu, I am now in Nepal. And culture shock does not begin to describe it. Stray dogs running around the airport, cows in the street and oh so many people. It is definitely a whole different world here and I'm excited to get exploring...but first, a nap is in order...and right now the piece of wood that I have as a matress even sounds comfortable. I'll write again when I can... Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that your flight was uneventful. We look forward to reading about your adventures. Stay Safe. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete