Namaste!

Well, after years of being away from home and traveling all over the world, I've finally decided to take the step into the world of blogging. As most of you know, I will be spending the next four and a half months teaching English in Nepal. And, as I remain a bit unsure about the communication outlets I will have at my disposal, or frequency at which I will be able to access them, I figured this was the quickest and easiest way to get in touch with those who wish to follow my time there. So here you go. As I said, I really don't know how frequently or thoroughly I will be able to update this but hopefully I can provide at least some small anecdotes regularly enough to provide you all will some sort of insight to my time in Nepal. Enjoy :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Heading off...

One day to go until I leave for Nepal...I am filled with many mixed emotions which seem to be leaving me in a fairly neutral state of stableness. I have my one backpack packed (and 0.3 kg under the alloted weight!), and I'm ready to go...now just have to wait :) I leave tomorrow afternoon. Then have a thirteen hour, overnight layover in Bangkok, and then it's on to Kathmandu! Wish me luck...here I go...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you arrive to Bangkok safe and sound and that the flight is as good as our last one together. I thought I heard the teller say that the plane was only about a quarter full to Bangkok, so that should make it a lot more comfortable. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for you. You will learn so much from the people you teach (or is it children) as they will learn from you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete